In the field of watchmaking and microtechnology, friction consumes a large part of the small energy reserves available.
The development of friction pairs and high-performance lubrication systems considerably improves the service life and reliability of the products.
For example, we perform the following tests with a ball-disc tribometer :
- Dry or lubricated friction tests, in a dry medium or with controlled moisture, with friction coefficient measurement and determination of the wear rate
- Oil lubricity measurements
- Quality control of lubricants-Evaluation of additives
- Lubricant ageing and conditions of storage
- Wear and service life of materials / coatings
- Characterisation of surfaces before /after tests